Feng Shui consultants, reiki practitioners, acupuncturists, and medical doctors are all providing healthcare services. In regard to Feng Shui, consultants tap into the energetic frequencies of a person’s home and work environment; which extends into the conversation of wellbeing from a psychological, emotional, physical and spiritual approach. Everyone who is providing any spectrum of health care is strongly encouraged to develop a method of SELF-CARE or self-cultivation that works for them. If this is new to you, please read. And if you have heard this before, please read. It serves as a great reminder.
12 Ways to Practice Self-Care:
- Knowing when to step back and give yourself “me” time. You do not need to be around people 24/7. Allow yourself time to reboot and receive healing for yourself. This is especially noted for those who are very sensitive to energy (chi').
- Embracing the practice of meditation and ‘grounding’ into your daily routine is extremely helpful. Science has already proven its benefits time and time again.
- Eating healthy (organic and clean as possible) will keep your energy level in harmony and boost your immune system. Health is wealth.
- Being mindful of who you choose to surround yourself with. Yes, other people's thoughts, energies and actions could influence your own is you are not aware. Establishing healthy boundaries is nothing to feel guilty or shameful about.
- Digest various types of articles, podcasts, radio broadcasts and news reports with decisiveness. Research shows that media coverage of a traumatic event can lead to widespread acute stress, even for those not directly impacted. This is not to say ignore the happenings of the world. It's learning not to become reactive and if you wish to be part of the solution, taking action. That could even translate into small productive steps; being mindful of what companies you purchase products from, donate, recycle, etc.
- Connect with a method(s) of exercise or movement in general that suite your lifestyle. Do you walk daily, practice yoga, enjoy the outdoors (hiking), going to the gym or swimming? Discover what works for you and adopt that into your lifestyle.
- Establishing a home environment that is chemical free as much as possible and provides a harmonious presentation and energy flow (Feng Shui or Vastu).
- Choosing to participate in activities that have always struck your curiosity. Perhaps it's art, music, cooking, dancing, poetry writing and speaking; the list of interests is endless. Creativity is one of the most powerful ingredients to manifesting, releasing stress and connecting to happiness.
- Practice forgiveness with yourself and others. Here is a quick Hawaiian prayer you could recite; "Please forgive me, I love you and I let go.” In short, one of the best times to recite this prayer quietly inside your mind is when you are JUDGING yourself or another. The prayer consciously redirects your attention of focus. To delve deeper, the next level is understanding why you choose to place judgement. This brings me to the next recommendation.
- Be open and receptive to working with varying healers and modalities so that you too may receive healing and new perspective as needed.
- Become comfortable with saying “NO.” You do not need to be a people pleaser. If asked to participate in an event or do something in general that does not nourish your soul, say “NO.”
- Learn other healing modalities that go beyond your foundation of knowledge so you multiple resources for varying needs. My practice does not just consist of Feng Shui, it branches into various disciplines; Reiki, sacred geometry, sound healing, meditation, life coaching, emotional intelligence, the Kabbalah and soon Essential Oils. Allow yourself to be flexible and curious with the knowledge, tools and wisdom you obtain overtime.
By establishing a well rounded foundation of self-cultivation, your platform of health becomes even more stabilized. Does this mean perfection? NO. It means when you do become rattled in life (and we all do) your recovery time is that must faster. Living and learning on this planet we call Earth, is noooooo picnic. It's in your best and highest interest to cultivate a wealth of psychological, emotional, physical and spiritual self-care practices that empower you. As a wholistic healer, physician or doctor, this means your abilities to provide guidance and care is positively amplified that much more and becoming ‘burnt out’ reduces drastically, It’s a win-win for everyone.
Keep in mind, WE ARE ALL CONTRIBUTORS to the collective health care system of humanity. We are constantly exchanging information that could be beneficial or not though verbally and non-verbal communication. This is why the saying of “practice what you preach” is so vital.
Feng Shui expert with 20+ years of experience. She provides bi-coastal consultations and workshops for residential, real estate developments, Fortune 500 companies, and healing facilities. She is currently conducting research for her upcoming book that focuses on bridging the gap between the ancient wisdom of Feng Shui and modern day science to establish the practice of Feng Shui as a credible form of health care.