Are you holding onto those gifts, photos, thoughts and feelings from past intimate relationships that no longer serve your currently?
If you find yourself reminiscing and not being present, it may be time for a Feng Shui Purge. Keep in mind, this process is not for the faint. It requires courage and bravery. This goes beyond moving furniture and hanging up pictures in pairs, that's the easy stuff.
If you find yourself looping (repeating certain patterns of behavior that attract unbeneficial intimate relationships), you may have to go through what I call, "The Feng Shui Purging Process." Others may refer to this as physical de-cluttering, but I'm talking about the emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of letting go.
I will admit (having gone through this myself) certain aspects of purging have strong side effects but, if certain relationships in your life are extremely toxic (aware of it or not), the purging process takes time and could present growing pains. This is not to scare you, it's to share the reality of what happens when you face certain truths, accept them, take action (purging), open yourself up to healing and rebirth of self.
Warning Signs You Need to Emotionally, Mentally and Spiritually Purge:
For each person their 'warning signs' are unique to the current relationships dynamics. By asking questions within, you open yourself up to receiving clear and precise answers. I.e. "Do I feel happy or depressed when around this person or group of people?" Within an instant, your answer comes to you and if you choose to ignore that, your body is another indicator. Can breath normally or does it feel restricted? Are you always tired? Feeling depressed? Is your motivation and focus off? etc. These are examples of 'warning signs.'
If this is the case and you know something is off, but have been ignoring the signs and symptoms, you are prolonging the Purging Process. By allowing that, you create the feeling of victimization and become energetically stuck.
Stop pointing fingers and blaming others, you always have a choice.
Here is an example from an intimate relationship perspective
Whether the relationship was 3 months or 9 years, get ready to purge on various levels. It's recommended to de-clutter items this person has given you: photos, letters, emails, texts, voice messages, etc. Does this mean to completely get rid of them? In some cases, if the relationship is extremely toxic (physically and emotionally abusive, that could mean a big YES). This could be very extreme, so it's suggested to implement this suggestion in bits and pieces. Release a bit at a time and that is also symbolic of you facing the realities of what has happened step by step to detox, digest and eventually let go.
If you wish not to get rid of items, then at least 'contain' the energy and place your objects in a box that is kept out of the main energy hubs of your home. Such as within a closet, and not your bedroom closet if you can help it.
From a Feng Shui perspective, energy is linked to all items and objects. This means your ex's energy, even if he or she is no longer physically present in your home and life, could still remain.
If you choose to keep objects, items, letters, text messages, etc from your ex, become very observant. Take notice to how that makes you feel and whom you are attracting into your life. I.e.: If you keep attracting people with similar qualities and characteristic to that of your ex vs your ideal 'soul mate,' it could be time to become more literal with the Purging Process.
Side Effects of Purging from Minor to Extreme Toxic Relationships:
- Crying (healthy form of releasing)
- You will have your good and bad days, it's simply the cycle of releasing
- Depending on how toxic the relationship was with the person or persons, it could result in the physically action of throwing up. Or you may dry heave (this is spiritual purging). This is rare, but it tends to happen to those who allowed too much toxic energy into their life and spirit. You never want to get to this point.
- You will be tested, meaning have you really learned your self-worth and value when selecting who you allow to share your personal and intimate space with?
Very important: During this time, I strongly recommend you surround yourself with trusted friends and/or family members and a mentor or life coach who can guide you through this process. It's a way to stay on track, gage your progress and have assistance as needed.
Benefits During and After Purging Negative Energy:
- Your emotions start to balance out. You will feel spiritually fit and energetically lighter, allowing your mindset to retain a stronger and healthier mindset.
- Your self-esteem, self-worth and self-value strengthen from within and radiate out.
- You begin to break negative habits that contributed to attracting toxic relationships and replace them with ones that add value to your life.
- You become more intuitive, listening to your instincts nurturing your decisiveness.
- More opportunities open up because you're accepting to all possibilities.
- More like minded, true hearted people step back into your life. They have always been there, you were just 'blind folded' for a moment.
- You love for life is stronger and you focus in all areas of your life, clearer.
- You create a home that is nested for a healthy relationship
- You live a lifestyle that breaths life into your intentions.
To welcome in the new, you need to empty out.
During this journey, please do not be so hard on yourself with rushing through the Purging Process. It requires time and patience. As long as you are taking the steps to release, that is all you need to do. New opportunities, people and events open up and present themselves to you.
Feel Free to explore these Feng Shui Tips to see what is best for you