Its time to restart, refresh and reassess where you are and where you are going. The Chinese Lunar New Year starts on February 4th, 2018! Yes, that’s right,… on Super Bowl Sunday.
The 2018 year of Earth Dog is said to be a time of fairness and equality. The element of earth when in balance connects to stability, supportiveness, peace, compatibility, loyalty, feeling and being poised, and gentle energy. Integrity and honesty are the values that lead to success under Earth Dog’s energy in 2018. Being mindful of your health is also among one of the top lifestyle changes to adopt and maintain.
List of Suggestions to Help Increase Success:
- To welcome in the New Year I have made it a tradition to attend a Lion Dance ceremony the evening before or on the day of the Chinese New Year. Lion Dances and the general population celebrate on February 16th, 2018.
- Pay down your credit cards bills or make an early payment. Anything you can put to those bills show that you have every intention of paying them off as soon as possible.
- A Few "C" Words: Clean. Clear the dust and the cobwebs from your space AND your mind. The very act of cleaning helps to energize your space. And start the year off with a new environment. Clutter-or DE-Clutter in most cases. Remember the rule of thumb with Clutter.
IF YOU DON'T NEED IT, USE IT OR LOVE IT, GET RID OF IT.
Allow plenty of room for the new energy you are creating.
Make some changes: With the New Year and this very auspicious time, make some changes in your life or in your routines. Take risks, start new plans, open yourself up to possibilities that you might never have dared to dream. It's time to be truly open to changes that come your way---Look into EVERY opportunity that may come your way before turning it down!
- Add Fresh Flowers in your home. In Feng Shui, fresh flowers signify fresh ENERGY and GROWTH. Remember to get some colors mixed in to help signify all the elements of Feng ShuI.
- Add a bowl of fruit in your kitchen ( your area of nourishment and considered by Many to be the most important room in your home). Fruit signifies ABUNDANCE in ALL areas. Create some for yourself this year and every year.
- Open the doors and windows as close to midnight or AT midnight if possible at the days transition from February 3rd to 4th. If you missed that day, you could repeat this on Feburary 15th. By Doing this you are letting in the New, Fresh Energy.
- Burn a candle if you are home-blowing it out just around midnight as well. Send your intentions OUT and truly Celebrate this day....It is by many accounts, a New Day to start all over again.
- Try to resolve any "unfinished business." Particularly, if you can make amends with someone you've had difficulties with in the past.
- Make a Blessings List: List All the wonderful things you Do have in your life and all the things you have to be grateful for.
- This is the time to use Red Envelopes if you have them. Fill 9 Red Envelopes With 3 like coins...3 nickels, Dimes or Quarters. Place them in the WEALTH areas of your home according to the Bagua. NOTE: They do NOT need to show.
- Respect your Money. Don't throw it back in your wallet or pocketbook, put it in order in your wallet.
- Replace any burned out Light Bulbs. Light up your space...and your life.
- This is a wonderful time to Smudge your home using pure, Native American SAGE. If you have not done this in the last six months and are not allergic to Smoke, walk through EACH room of your house paying particular attention to the front entrance and corners. Corners are where Energy can linger and become stagnant.
- You can also clear your home by using SOUND healing. Ringing a bell or even chiming a spoon on a crystal Glass will accomplish this.
- Clean your mirrors. Your mirrors are a reflection of YOU. You should see Yourself clearly so you can see exactly where you are going in life.
You're going to be making some changes in your surroundings right now that could have a huge impact on the coming year.
Please remember: Simply making these changes will not be nearly as effective unless you put your INTENTIONS and taking ACTION behind them. FOCUS on what you really value in your life this year. Every single time you make a change, keep in mind WHY you are doing it and what you wish to create.
Feng Shui expert with 21+ years of experience. She provides bicoastal consultations and workshops for residential, real estate developments, Fortune 500 companies, and healing facilities. She is currently conducting research for her upcoming book that focuses on bridging the gap between the ancient wisdom of Feng Shui and modern day science to establish the practice of Feng Shui as a credible form of health care.