Space Clearing is an ancient metaphysical practice used to help heal the spirit of your home and self. This also creates healthy boundaries between Earth and Spiritual realms, while harmonizing the energy inside your home.
It's important to remember, we share this world with more than what our eyes can see. Bon Buddhist Feng Shui refers to this as ‘predecessor energy.’ These are the energetic imprints or actual spiritual inhabitants from previous humans who once walked this plane of existence. It's strongly suggested in the practice of Feng Shui that we create healthy boundaries between these two realms.
Tools utilized during a Space Clearing could vary from Native American white sage, sound healing (chimes, bells, singing bowls, drums, clapping), essential oils, saying a prayer from your personal practice of faith and Reiki. Below is an easy method on how to conduct an Interior House Space Clearing.
Steps for a quick Space Clearing with White Sage:
If you need White Sage, you could order it online though Amazon.com or visit your local alternative store.
1. Before you Space Clear, it’s suggested to due a brief meditation to help center yourself and clear your aura so you have a clear channel of energy flowing through you.
2. Set an intention(s) for why you are Space Clearing. i.e.: What are you choosing to release and welcome in?
3. Traditionally, its suggested to smudge (burning of the White Sage) between 9am-2pm latest.
4. Be sure you have a fireproof container of some sort to catch the aches of the White Sage as it slowly burns.
5. As you walk your home, start the Space Clearing at your front door, move from room to room and even allow the smoke of the sage to waft into the corners of each room and closets.
6. Open up some windows (just a crack) to allow the smoke of the sage to exit out of your home. This also helps to remove the un-beneficial energy and welcome in fresh ch’i (energy).
7. Once you have completed the walk though of your home (all levels included) give thanks. i.e.: “Thank you for clearing and blessing my home, with much love and gratitude, Amen."